Let’s do a no-frills expense entry for October.
|Restaurants||194||4 nights out. Some not dutch. 4 lunches.|
|Cable||75||Phone, ISP, Cable|
|Clothes||49||Wicking hat, Backpack|
|Other Transportation||16||Mass transit|
|Gadgets||70||SSD drive replacement for home computer|
Net Worth Update
|Taxable Mutual Funds||287K|
|Taxable Cash (CDs)||40K|
Markets bouncing back.
Numbers crunched 10.07.2014
Sticky notes on expense tracking
- The expenses listed represent half of our total household expenses. I’m 50% of a DINK couple. The same is true for net worth. I only list my personal stash — my wife has her own and I’m not tracking it on this blog. Yeah, we’re completely spoiled.
- You’ll notice that there is no mention of car insurance here. I pay my premium annually in June. There’s a 10% discount for paying 12 months in advance, which is a pretty good return on investment.
- Similarly, there’s also no mention of home insurance. We pay the yearly premium annually in full every March.
- There are menus at the top of the blog (Finances->2014->Month) if you are interested in additional reports.
- I’ve also logged an account of my financial history