The Infinite Cube Farm Awaits

MegaSoftwareCo’s Infinite Cube Farm.  Not depressing at all, right?

We’re thankfully close to the end of this whole Job Experience set of posts.  There are just three more employers to go. To recap:  At the end of last year, my tiny startup company, StartupVille, was purchased by MegaSoftwareCo.

In January of 2010 I found myself in a new office, getting used to yet another company. By this point many of the stories I’m telling sound the same, unfortunately, and that’s because there’s only so much variation to the office-life existence — they do begin to repeat.

Most of the differences in experience this year are derived from the sheer mass of the place; when your employer has over a hundred thousand minions, everything is super-sized.

So in this post, I’ll get into the transition, my role, experiences working from home, the joys of paid overtime, and my decision to leave the enormity of Mega before it reduces me to a crispy pile of burnt-out human scraps.

Navigation Tip:  There are links to additional pages (1-9) below, under the sea of garbage.

9 Responses to The Job Experience, MegaSoftwareCoSupport: Year #11

I’ve had some of my own real life things going on as well (mom moved to senior housing last weekend, had to clean out a house of clutter and list it. More than ‘clutter’ actually but that’s another story.) Family’s first, though, much more important than blogging or my day job. I have been looking forward to more details on your lifestyle inflation posts, though. Get em out, please!🙂 BTW, yeah, if you enjoy reading about incomprehensibly awful jobs and insane people, you’re going to love Year 12 but hate the final entry (Year 13-present), because I found another really nice place to ply my trade.